Monday 21 December 2020

Let's Make... Christmas decorations! PART THREE

Here's the third and last of my festive "Let's make..." posts for this year and I just might have saved the best till last! So, can you guess what everyday object I used to make this exquisite garland and sunburst star decoration?



Can you guess?


Oh yes, it's the humble tin foil pie tray!
And boy, have I had fun being creative with these!

 I used meat pie foil trays for the garland as these are larger and then used dinky little mince pie [or any cake] trays for the Christmas tree decorations.

Here's a pictorial guide to the basics...








A silver and red tray makes for a very dramatic style



Make sure not to waste the scraps! You can use the round base to make more decorations. The foil is tricky to cut and the edges can be sharp so parental guidance needed for children. Also, take care once cut, these beautiful decorations can be crumpled out of shape with very little effort.










Before I close, here's one more decoration I made from a foil tray but it wasn't a pie tin this time. Look at these beautiful photo frames - just the perfect size to hang on a Christmas tree with images of loved ones glued to the front. Can you guess what I used? To cat owners, the shape might be a bit of a give-away...





Yes, it's that distinctive SHEBA cat food container! 
See below for pictorial guide but really, all I did was cut around the base, glue my chosen image to the front and then gently pierce to holes to thread the ribbon through.





My beloved Dad circa 1985 [no longer with us]

My beloved Aunty Margaret [no longer with us] with my two sisters back in the 1970s

Image of the angel my mother had on the top of her Christmas tree from when she was a child back in the 1940s

🎅🎅🎅

So that's IT. 
I can do no more! 
I'm crafted out and exhausted... a husk in a pinafore dress 😅 *

💕💕💕

Go on, have a go at some of these simple ideas, they really do make you feel better.
During this unsettling and  frightening time, return to the child you were and make something pretty for the tree 🎄🎇🎄

Stay safe everyone and Merry Christmas xxx









* Quote from Dinner Ladies [written by Victoria Wood]









No comments:

Post a Comment