Thursday, 17 December 2020

Let's Make... Christmas decorations! PART TWO

In Part One of this festive trio of "Let's make..." posts, I waxed lyrical about how much I love the run-up to Christmas, almost more than the day itself. Those mad festive weeks bursting with late night shopping, 70s & 80s Christmas anthems playing on a loop EVERYWHERE, works parties, putting the decorations up, Sony Movie Channel changing to Sony Christmas Movies, writing cards and packing presents. I just love everything about the build-up.

In Part One I also shared my ideas on making festive paper bunting that really does make the cutest gifts so please take a look. In this post post I'm gong to look at Christmas tree decorations made from a very unusual, everyday item. Take a look, can you guess what the item is?


Yes, these pretty decorations are made from take-away cup lids! 

The one on the left is from COSTA [obvs] and the one on the right is from MacDonalds. This project might be a little tricky for children so I would definitely suggest adult supervision, mostly because the plastic can be tough to cut and the edges of the cut plastic are a bit sharp. Here's the COSTA one first...





Glitter gluing around the rim can be incredibly fiddly so GO SLOW [and use magnifier specs if your eyes need help like mine]! I always use the same glitter glue, it's called STICKLES and after trying many other cheaper alternatives, I always return to it. 

Now be warned, it will take overnight to completely dry so you'll need patience [not easy for children]. But it's worth it,  drying diamond hard and catching the light like nothing else. 

You can purchase it via Create and Craft or on Amazon 


Next you need to puncture a tiny hole to thread a loop through - again very tricky, adult supervision needed. Also, you can stick on anything else sparkly you might have to hand :)


I used the prettiest white and gold twine as a loop and then added a little golden bow


Unique, recycled Christmas tree decoration and the perfect little gift for the COSTA obsessive!

☼


Now here's the McDondalds cup lid and it's pretty much the same method as with the COSTA cup except that this one had a raised circle in the center that I decided to cut out.






Unique, recycled Christmas tree decoration and perfect little gift for the MacDonald's obsessive!


HAPPY FESTIVE CRAFTING!



No comments:

Post a Comment